And Christmas has won!
According to the Donald Trump camp the election of Donald trump has made it OK to say ‘Christmas’ again and apparently saying “Merry Christmas…Is not a pejorative word anymore.” Pejorative (for you non-elites) means expressing contempt or disapproval.
Really? Has anyone noticed a particular disdain or contempt from anyone that you might have said merry Christmas to over the last few years? Rumor has it (Fox News) that President Obama ushered in a war on America’s most celebrated holiday some 8 years ago because of the liberal left’s mad desire for political correctness…and of course because President Obama, well you know, is not from around here. (Sean Hannity, Donald Trump)
But those days are over now because way back in August Mr. Trump said that he always makes a particular effort to say ‘Christmas’ in acknowledgement of the nation’s “persecuted” Christians…and he vowed that, if elected, he would right wrongs by making sure that the words ‘Merry Christmas’ be featured in department stores all across the land…
because they haven’t been?
Anyway, the war is over! And the 83% of Americans who identify themselves as Christians, (that’s 270 million!) won’t have to take crap from the 13% of Americans who say they have no religion at all.(only 44 million)
Imagine that! 13% pushing the other 83% around and not letting us Christians say Merry Christmas to each other without having to feel persecuted and bad about our beliefs. How did they ever get away with it?! It certainly wasn’t the Muslims, Jews and Buddhists and other non-Christian religious folks pushing us around and stomping on our Christmas rights because there are only about 13 million of them in America…combined!
How does 83% of a country find themselves in the minority in the first place? And losing a war with the other 17% too? But it was happening dammit! And we couldn’t win no matter how hard we tried! Until finally a savior appeared at just the right time, from a Trump tower on high, to turn the tide in Christmas’s favor.
Hallelujah! It was a Christmas miracle! And we can now all, Thank Trump for that!
So…Merry Christmas everyone! (now don’t you all feel better?)